Are you interested in?
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure with Transport
Enjoy family-friendly fun with education as you explore the amazing Everglades by airboat & see native animals both in their natural settings and up close.
- Take a 90-minute scenic ride from Miami to the Everglades aboard a luxury touring coach.
- Speed through the Everglades on an airboat piloted by a certified captain.
- See native animals in the wild and up close at a wildlife show where you can hold a live alligator.
- Take advantage of free pick-up and return from most Miami hotels.
The Florida Everglades is internationally renowned as a unique natural treasure. With over 1.5 million acres of saw grass marshes, mangrove forests, cypress swamps, wooded hammocks and associated wetlands, it is the largest remaining subtropical wilderness in the United States. The Everglades, sometimes called the River of Grass, comprises the southernmost portion of a wetlands complex that stretches from central Florida down to Florida Bay and was created primarily by wet season overflow from Lake Okeechobee. Before the days of canals and other human interventions, the water spread out and ran slowly south as a very broad, shallow river, forming a wetland wilderness that still comprises nearly the whole of the southern tip of the Florida peninsula and is now the location of Everglades National Park.
The Everglades is home to an extraordinary variety of wildlife, including many rare and endangered species. This diverse wetland wilderness is crucial habitat for over 350 species of birds, reptiles like the American alligator and crocodile, and mammals such as the West Indian manatee, the bottlenose dolphin and the extremely rare Florida panther. The Everglades also supports many interesting plant species ranging from typical wetland varieties like the ubiquitous saw grass and bladderwort to cypress, pine and hardwood trees, as well as the greatest diversity of orchid species of any National Park in the continental U.S.
A tour of this natural wonderland is an essential part of any visit to the Miami area, and there is no better way to access the Everglades than via airboat. These flat-bottomed, propeller-driven craft have been carrying explorers, scientists, hunters and fisherman through the Everglades and other south Florida wetlands since the 1920s. The airboat combines high speed and a tight turning radius with the ability to safely traverse extremely shallow water and tangled swamp grass flats that would immediately trap any standard outboard boat motor. Low sides and high seat positions allow for excellent views across the swamplands and down into the water, making airboats ideal for nature tours.
The Miami to Everglades tour will offer you the thrills of an amusement park ride along with the excitement and educational value of a wilderness safari, all in complete comfort and safety. After a scenic 90-minute ride west from Miami on an air-conditioned luxury touring coach, you will enter the eastern edge of the Everglades wilderness. Here you will embark on a 30-minute airboat tour lead by an experienced captain and guide. The ride is fast and exciting but dry and perfectly safe. Expect to see birds such as egrets and herons as well as turtles, alligators and other wildlife. When you return from your airboat tour, a wildlife show will offer you a chance to view and interact with native species including alligators, snakes, raccoons, panthers and more.
This tour combines education, excitement, and natural beauty for family-friendly eco-adventure at its best. Easy online booking and convenient pickup and departure points make it simple to fit a visit to the Everglades into your Miami itinerary. The Miami to Everglades tour is very popular and fills up quickly, so be sure to book early to reserve your place.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time.
- 30-minute airboat tour by experienced guides
- Alligator show and a range of exotic animals
- Explore the Everglades on a tour that is safe, exciting, and educational
- Free pick-up and return from most hotels
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Average 4.35 out of 5 stars based on 609 verified reviews from Jet Skis Miami and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call 800.274.1023 to speak with a Miami Expert
Product code: C-266287
Similar Tours & Activities
Miami Everglades Airboat Tour
Miami Boat Tour
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Miami Boat Tour
Miami Everglades Airboat Tour
Miami to Key West Day Trip